Irony = the incongruity of this (courtesy of Dictionary.com)
ASU 101 = a class about how to succeed at ASU and to help smooth the transition from high school to college.
Me = a computer science major with three semesters left until graduating with my BS.
Me + ASU 101 = Irony
My name is Miles, and, as you may have gathered, I'm in a somewhat unusual situation. I graduated from high school in 2005 and am now a Junior at ASU. Last semester, my advisor told me that the School of Engineering decided that I, as a transfer student, would be starting in the 2009 calender year. "OK" I thought. But there's a catch. Apparently this means I have to take 2 entry level classes: ASU 101 and CSE 101 (an introduction to computer science). As I mentioned, I am a junior. But worse than this, I have been taking computer science courses since my freshman year in high school (back in '02). It was then that I learned to enjoy the problem solving and decided to make CS my major and career. Add the fact that I was on the first place team at the 2010 ASU Programming Competition, and that puts me in a situation that is... well... Ah whatever, just read the title of this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment